Planet Friendly Business Practices
Somethin' Special has committed to doing as little harm to the earth, animals and people as possible. In addition to being 100% cruelty-free, here are a few practices I've implemented in my efforts to be greener.
- Glass items are safely wrapped in unbleached, 100% PCR, compostable, reusable and recyclable tissue paper, cardboard padding and natural rubber bands.
- The bubble shipping mailers we use are from EcoEnclose and are made from 32.6% post industrial recycled content, they have a dual self-seal adhesive strip allows for reuse and are fully recycable at store drop off or curbside services that take grocery bags.
- All packing lists included with every shipment is printed on 100% PCR (post consumer recycled) paper and is recyclable.
- The small bags for the sniffies are compostable.
- The cotton pads for the sniffies are compostable.
- The glass containers are reusable and recyclable.
- The cardboard containers are compostable.
- The plastic containers are reusable and recyclable.
- The tissue paper wrap is 100% PCR, compostable, reusable and recyclable.
- I'm always concerned about my contribution to the waste stream, I recycle everything that cannot be composted through my local recycling center. One big challenge has been thin plastics, so I use the Terracycle boxes for those recycling needs.
- The soaps are wrapped in 100% PCR, compostable, reusable and recyclable tissue paper.
- I offer many zero waste products and am adding new ones all the time, you can find them here.
- I personally drive a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and follow the 4 R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recovery
If you have any tips or suggestions on how I can move towards reducing my plastics use further and ideas for alternative packaging, please email me at email@example.com
I also have a stringent quality control process for all items we sell, read more about it HERE
Every little bit helps!!