Planet Friendly Business Practices
Somethin' Special has committed to doing as little harm to the earth, animals and people as possible. In addition to being 100% cruelty-free, here are a few practices I've implemented in my efforts to be greener.
If you have any tips or suggestions on how I can move towards reducing my plastics use further and ideas for alternative packaging, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The poly mailer bubble envelopes used to ship most of my orders are reusable (there is a 2nd adhesive strip to reuse them), are 32.6% PCR (post consumer recycled) and recyclable.
- The bubble wrap used to wrap the glass items is reusable, recyclable (in 12-18 months) and compostable (in 18-24 months).
- The hemp twine used to secure the bubble wrap is reusable and compostable.
- All packing lists included with every shipment is printed on 100% PCR (post consumer recycled) paper and is recyclable.
- The bags for the lotion refills are bio-bags, which are compostable (except the larger 1 gallon/16 ozs. bags, I'm still looking for those). I also use their tall kitchen trash bags.
- The small bags for the sniffies are compostable.
- The cotton pads for the sniffies are compostable (after they are dried out and the fragrance is gone).
- The glass containers for the roll-ons and sample oils are reusable and recyclable.
- The cardboard containers (I'm looking for more of these!) for the solid perfumes are compostable.
- The plastic containers (jars, bottles, caps, etc.) are reusable and recyclable.
- The tissue paper wrap is unbleached, 100% PCR, reusable and recyclable.
For some tips on how to reduce/reuse/recycle in your home, stop by this BLOG POST.
Every little bit helps!!