Hi...Here's a little bit more about us!
Who is somethinspecial.com?
Way back in 1997 my mom & I opened a little candle shop on Green St. in McHenry, IL. Many of our customers asked for bath & body products, but we had no luck in finding just the right products and fragrances. Nothing was made fresh, nothing was guaranteed to be cruelty free and most were loaded with chemicals that would make any scientist cringe.
So, I fired up the internet and cleared out the kitchen and somethinspecial.com was born! After years of trial and error, making many potions and creations that were great and terrible, I finally created just the right mix of products and fragrances to offer to the world.
This entire journey is a collaboration with you, my buyers. We've worked together to tweak and balance the products and the scent list. You tell me what you want, I listen, I experiment, we test and test again. This guidance and feedback from you has allowed me to offer amazing custom scented products that are shipped worldwide.
What a team!!
Every time I get an order, I am humbled and grateful that you would spend your hard earned money on these scented goodies. I can't thank you enough.
My mom has also continued her entrepreneurial journey and has opened her own Etsy shop featuring beautifully handcrafted, handmade awareness, sports, childrens and holiday bracelets and soy wax tarts. Go mom!! Visit her web site at etsy.com/shop/SomethinSpecialShop.
70 Bell Rock Blvd. Unit # H8
Sedona, AZ 86351
1) Free Shipping: All packages ship with a delivery confirmation number (US orders) or a US Postal Declarations number (international orders), which is emailed to you on the shipment day. Any duties, tariffs, customs or other government fees are the responsibility of the buyer. There is a handling fee for international orders:
$10 handling fee for orders from $0-$50
$25 handling fee for orders from $50-$100
All other countries:
$10 handling fee for orders from $0-$20
$20 handling fee for orders from $20-$50
$30 handling fee for orders from $50-$100
$50 handling fee for orders over $100
2) Payment options: Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover & American Express.
3) Turn around time: All items are made fresh per order, shipping is within 3-5 business days after receipt of payment, sometimes sooner. Business days are every day except Weekends (Sat. & Sun.), Vacation Days & Holidays. Anytime there is a sale, there may be an increase in ship times.
4) USPS ship times: All orders are carefully packaged and shipped via the U.S. Postal Service. I know how hard it is to wait for your goodies, if you believe that your order is taking longer than it should, first check the delivery confirmation number emailed to you, sometimes the P.O. will scan it intransit, which can give you an idea of your package progress. If you think it may be lost, send me an email and I'll check on it for you. My tracking abilities are only as good as the USPS's tracking system. For more info on First Class International shipments, check out my blog post HERE.
5) Return policy: If you find you do not like your purchase, we do offer returns, please contact us.
6) Prep & packaging policy: All the products are prepared in a pet and smoke-free, clean, sanitary environment. The waterproof labels are clean, simple, clear and descriptive. All containers are clear or frosted so you can see exactly how much is left. All jars have a wide mouth so you can easily scoop out every last bit of your precious products.
7) Fragrance oil and product quality:
I am neurotically, obsessively picky about fragrance and product selection and quality. When I do carry a fragrance, I only buy from my select group of suppliers (most I've been working with for 10+ years), because I know they have the best oils. When a fragrance is chosen, such as Pink Sweets (Pink Sugar duplicate), I buy it from the same supplier to maintain consistency, just because I found that the scent does sometimes vary between suppliers and I want to make sure you get the same exact Pink Sugar interpretation now that you bought one or two or five years ago. Also, when the product description says undiluted, full strength (such as the perfume roll-ons and sample size oils), I really mean it, I do not add any bases or fillers of any kind. All oils are skin-safe, phthalate DEP free, vegan and cruelty-free.
8) Designer Duplicates: When I initially started somethinspecial.com, my intention was not to carry any designer duplicates. I truly appreciate the hard work it takes to design a fragrance and I have a deep admiration for some of the beautiful blends created. But, as the company evolved, I kept getting many, many desperate requests for discontinued scents. So, if I can get the much requested scents, I decided to give my customers exactly what they want. If I could find a duplicate that was an exact match, I started adding them to the fragrance list. Then I started getting requests for existing name brand scents, only because I can offer them in a product that the original designer chose not to, such as a moisturizing cream, hair conditioner or a solid perfume. And I can offer it made fresh, not sitting on a shelf for months and months.
9) Discontinued scents: I constantly rotate stock and if I am disposing more of a particular scent than selling it, it gets taken off the fragrance list. I hate waste but I refuse to send you anything less than 100% fresh products. If you are absolutely in love with a discontinued scent, you can special order it HERE.
10) Buyer rewards: With every order you'll earn points towards future purchases. All the details can be found HERE.