Macadamia Kukui Sulfate-Free Vegan Soap
This artisanal sulfate-free vegan soap is imbued with powers of Macadamia and Kukui Nuts. Macadamia oil comes from the pressed nuts of the Macadamia tree. It is a priceless delight for the skin and has proven itself to be one of the best regenerative oils available. It is high in monounsaturated fatty acids and closely resembles sebum (the oil naturally produced by our skin to help protect it). Kukui Nut Oil contains vitamins A, C, and E, providing anti-oxidants that aid in protecting the skin and is beneficial for those with sensitive skin. Plus it's packaged simply in planet-friendly brown paper.
Due to the wonderful skin nourishing ingredients,I've found this soap to be an excellent body cleanser. I've also used this soap as a solid shampoo and it has left my hair soft and clean. Add a
natural sisal soap saver bag that doubles as an exfoliating washcloth
while still providing lots of sudsy, clean bubbles.
Why sulfate-free? Sulfates,
or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is a harsh synthetic detergent and
foaming agent. There are many cases of sulfates being linked to skin
irritation and eczema. Sulfate-free formulas are milder because they
don't strip the natural oils out of your skin.
Give your soap super-powers by adding in any of these optional all natural botanical powders:
- Alfalfa - Contains vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, E, K, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, folic acid and many essential amino acids. Additionally, alfalfa contains proteins, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, zinc, and copper. Not only is it nutritious, it also stimulates hair growth and moisturizes really dry skin.
- Camu Camu Fruit - Considered a superberry from the Amazon; when used in body care products it provides an abundance of nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin B1, B2, B3, beta-carotene, amino acids, phytochemicals, bioflavanoids, phosphorus, potassium, iron, antioxidants and calcium. Due to the high levels of antioxidants, it reduces free radical attacks; protecting the skin from premature aging. Camu camu is also said to help lighten dark patches on the skin. When used in shampoos, it helps detangle the hair and provides extra shine and vitality.
- Green Tea/Matcha - Contains polyphenols, which are known to be potent antioxidants. The polysaccharides found in Green tea provide extra moisture to the skin. Helps to reduce inflammation and skin/hair oiliness, fights sun damage, tones skin and stimulates hair growth.
- Lavender - Lavender has been used since ancient times due to it's wide variety of natural healing properties. It's anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial; also soothes sunburns and insect bites, relaxes tired muscles and improves circulation.
- Noni Fruit - Noni fruit, has been nicknamed "the queen of all health plants" due to the fact that it is so nutrient-rich and has shown to demonstrate so many health benefits. Noni fruit powder contains 17 of the 20 amino acids; 9 of which are essential amino acids. It is also high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Scopoletin, found in noni fruit, has been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains a substance called xeronine which promotes cell rejuvenation. The mineral selenium that is found in noni fruit is great for skin health and elasticity. Herbalists consider noni fruit to be a full-spectrum healing fruit.
For an ingredients deep dive on this product, check out this blog post.
- No GMOs
- No Sulfates (SLS)
- No Detergent
- No Propylene Glycol
- No Parabens
- No Phthalates